With all the subscription styling boxes out there, I’m excited to see that Amazon has started a neat service called Prime Wardrobe. I admit, I used to shop more for clothes on Amazon a few years back but ran into sizing issues and didn’t want to deal with the hassle and fee of returns. They’ve solved this problem with this service for Amazon Prime members.
Here’s how it works:
- Select between 3 and 8 pieces of clothing, accessories, jewelry, and shoes that suit your fancy.
- Place an order through Amazon Prime Wardrobe.
- Try on the pieces in your home, what I like to call, a home fashion show. You have 7 days to consider a purchase.
- Indicate what items you’ll be keeping on Your Orders page.
- Ship back what you don’t want using a prepaid label:
- What doesn’t fit
- What you don’t like
- Any reason!
- You’re only charged for what you keep.
They offer clothing for Women, Men, Girls, Boys, and baby! There aren’t a ton of styling services for men, so this can be a great assist in getting something for men to wear. I know someone who mainly likes shirts based on how they feel first, then how they look, and I don’t blame him. This is a great way to check that out!
Feeling more adventurous or need help with your style? Amazon also offers a service kind of like Stitch Fix!
For Women’s styles right now, they ALSO offer a Personal Shopper on top of this service. According to their website, a Men’s styling program will launch soon!
Using this service is an additional $4.99 per month. It means that someone will take time to style you and send you a curated set of clothing based on your profile and requests.
Setting up your initial Style Profile is done through the Amazon app and includes the following customizations:
- Selections for your preferred style:
- … or a combination?
- Select from some of the brands that you like.
- Select what colors or patterns you like to avoid.
- Indicate what types of pieces you’re looking for, from:
- Button-Down Shirts
- Indicate how you feel about popular styles and current trends.
- You may optionally select your body type/shape.
- Indicate how you like your items to fit:
- Yes, you may select more than one option!
- Shoe Height as well.
- Parts to show off or hide?
- Supply your height and weight (weight is optional)
- Provide your sizes. Supported sizes range from 0-24 and XS-XXL/3X and shoes from 5 – 12.
- Top size
- Jeans size
- Pant size
- Shoe size and width.
- Indicate overall special sizing:
- Plus Size
- Maternity (they even have maternity!)
- Freeform comment area to write any comments, concerns, or feedback on what you’re looking for.
- How much you’d be willing to spend on each item generally.
- What styles you’d like to be included and how often.
- Casual Favorites
- 9-5 Essentials
- Elevated everyday
- Night Out
- An option to select what type of styling you’re looking for specifically – you may indicate a general wardrobe update, or special occasions like a vacation, professional, formal/semi-formal events, or gym/workout.
- Another free form comment box to give your stylist info on what you’re looking for.
Then you checkout to sign up for the service.
After the preview, you may provide additional feedback to your stylist in order to improve future stylings.
It looks like cancellation may easily be done through your account profile settings.
Then, even before the items are shipped to your doorstep, you get to preview the options to select the 8 to try on! For the subscription fee, you may get one box of curated goodies a month.