This is the recipe from the jar, for those who may have bought the wonder creme to make it but only discovered there was a different recipe (oops!) on the back. Its a super easy, tasty, smooth fudge.
Prep: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Makes: 40 servings, 2 squares each.
- 3 cups Sugar
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 Sticks) Butter or Margarine
- 1 can (5 oz.) Evaporated Milk – NOT SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK
- 3 pkg (4 oz. each) Baker’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate, chopped
- 1 jar Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme (7 oz.) – DO NOT MICROWAVE JAR
- 1 cups chopped Planters walnuts
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Line 9-inch square pan with foil.
- Bring sugar, butter, and milk to full rolling boil in large saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil 4 minutes or until 234 degrees using a candy thermometer, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate and marshmallow creme. Stir until melted.
- Stir in nuts (if desired) and vanilla.
- Pour into pan, spreading out to level it out.
- Once cool, lift out fudge. Put a board/plate on top and flip over and carefully remove the foil.
- Cut into fudge size pieces.
- Cover to retain freshness.
If you don’t have Baker’s Chocolate, you can use semi-sweet chocolate chips. Just be sure to use 12 oz. of the chocolate chips.