Just a reminder to use your health benefits to the best advantage before year-end! This includes things like FSA and dependent care accounts. Check to be sure of your plan year for benefits and how long they allow for rollover (some FSAs allow for an extra three months to spend the money).
Here are a few tips:
- Use up your flexible spending plan contribution before its availability expires (usually year-end OR one quarter into the new year for purchases in the calendar year), be sure to check what is valid for reimbursement as these have changed recently
- Earn points to get a credit or rewards (some companies give free pedometers or cashback for wellness coaching or surveys, for future healthcare spending)
- Look into discounts for a fitness center or gym memberships if you plan on joining soon
- If you’ve already met your deductible for the year, consider whether or not there may be something else you’ll be wanting to do
- Usually, dental healthcare has lower annual limits, so if you need a lot of significant work, consider getting something done to use the benefits both this year and next year
- Be sure to use your annual vision plan benefits if you have them.
- Consider sites like the fsastore.com and Amazon’s FSA/HSA Shop for ease in finding items that are eligible.
Also, if you don’t have insurance coverage for something, offer to prepay if you can, for a discount.